I had a taste for something different, at least from what I’ve had lately, so I found this recipe at Creme de la Crumb. I used chicken thighs, instead of breasts, and it cooked up fast and delicious. The grill rub for the chicken had a nice flavor, and a little kick, the mango salsa was a perfect balance.
I made a side of Brussel Sprouts, I had them on hand, sautéed with bacon lardons and red onion, then a handful of dried cranberries tossed in at the end. This is one of my favorite sides, and find it funny that they appeal to me, since I wouldn’t touch a sprout for anything until about three years ago. I guess with age comes wisdom. No recipe needed for this one, it’s pretty much fool proof, just use what you like.
Here is what you need:
- 4 Large boneless chicken breasts, or 6 boneless thighs
- 2T olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t Italian blend seasoning (or mix equal parts dried basil, thyme, and oregano
- 2 Mangoes
- 1/2 red or white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch of Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 t salt
- juice of 1 lime
- In a medium Bowl stir together everything for the Mango salsa. Set aside.
- Stir together dry ingredients for the rub
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and coat lightly with the seasoning.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat, or bake at 375 degrees until c poked through.
- Serve immediately with Mango Salsa on top, enjoy!
As I said, the recipe is from lecremedelacrumb.com, and it was great!! Check out the original at https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/mango-salsa-chicken/