For Christmas Bruch we dove into 2 of these “babies”! Super quick and easy, it’s made with everything you have on hand. I found the recipe on Allrecipes https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23898/dutch-babies-ii/
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 T butter
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Place 10 inch cast iron skillet in to preheat.
- In a small bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs together, then add milk and whisk again.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and whisk together until smooth.
- Remove skillet from oven and reduce temp to 425 degrees F.
- Add butter to hot skillet and melt. There should be an ample amount covering the bottom of the pan.
- Pour all the batter into the center of the skillet, return it to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. It will puff up and become golden brown.
- With a large spatula, you can remove the pancake to a cutting board or plate for serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with lemon wedges.