A grabbed a box of crystalized ginger at the store the other day, it just called out to me, and I’ve been snacking on it ever since. I started looking around for ideas of ways to use it, besides to up the game on the gingersnaps I have plans to make. Well, there are lots of creative and yummy ideas to give a try.
- Chop and add to batter for cookies, such as ginger snaps, or quick breads like gingerbread, orange bread or banana bread.
- Melt butter with diced Crystallized Ginger, fresh lemon juice and sliced green onions in a saucepan. Spoon over hot rice and serve with chicken or fish.
- Sprinkle finely chopped pieces as a finishing touch on apple pie a la mode or a whipped cream-topped brownie.
- Combine diced Crystallized Ginger with nuts, brown sugar and spices for a baked apple or pear filling.
- Add chunks to a stir-fry for a sweet and spicy bite.
- Dip Crystallized Ginger pieces in melted chocolate. Let cool and serve as a special after dinner treat.
- Add to water and sugar mixture to make ginger-infused simple syrup. Strain before adding to drinks, such as iced tea.
- Sprinkle diced Crystallized Ginger into fruit salad for a spicy, zesty flavor lift.
- Add to a homemade cranberry sauce with orange zest.
These ideas and more recipes can be found here https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegazette.com/2009/12/17/10-ways-to-use-crystallized-ginger%3ftemplate=amphtml