Beautiful French Crepes make a lovely breakfast, even on short notice! Requiring only a few ingredients, that are likely on hand, these come together quickly, with some sugar and fresh berries, they are ready to make the day feel special!
The beauty of this recipe is that it doubles for both sweet and savory dishes. So if breakfast isn’t the right time, they can easily be made and rolled around savory dishes such as shrimp with butter & fresh herbs, chicken & broccoli with a cream sauce, or ham & shredded cheese with a fried egg!
I used a simple recipe from https://thestayathomechef.com/crepe-recipe/ that I would highly recommend!
- 2/3 C flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 C milk
- Butter for cooking
- Fresh berries or fruit for topping
- Granulated or powdered sugar for topping
- In a large bowl, stir together flour and salt. Add in eggs and whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour in milk, whisking until you have a smooth, pourable batter.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Let about 1/2 tablespoon of butter melt in the pan.
- Pour a little of the crepe batter in the pan and swirl it around to cover the bottom of the pan. Let cook about 1 minute, until surface loses its shine. Flip carefully.
- Repeat until all batter has been used, melting another 1/2 tablespoon of butter for each. This recipe makes about 5 large 10-inch crepes, or 10 small crepes. (I got 7 8-inch crepes.)